We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.
Ain’t I A Woman Playfest strives to shine a light on women of color, not only as playwrights but as directors, teachers, and leaders. To become the gatekeepers of our culture and the defenders of the stories our culture inspires.
It is likely to leave an ever-expanding ripple in the local and regional arts scene.Keith Waits, Broadway world
August 7 | 8:00 p.m.
August 8| 8:00 p.m.
August 9 | 4:00 p.m
The Russell Theatre
516 S. 17th. Louisville, KY 40203
Tickets will be available in June
- Play must be an original, unpublished and unproduced piece written by a woman-of-color playwright (Transgender or gender-queer women encouraged to submit).
- Maximum Length: 10-12 pages not including title page.
- Submissions should require minimum set, costume and technical needs.
- Submissions should have a title page with the following information
- Attach a recent headshot with submission
- Submissions must be submitted as a PDF to email@example.com by February 14, 2020.
- Email header should read: SUBMISSION: YOUR NAME. TITLE OF PLAY